It’s your job to protect the unity of your church.
Unity is the soul of fellowship. Destroy it, and you rip the heart out of CHRIST’S Body.
HOW ARE WE TO DO THIS?
- Focus on what we have in common, not our differences. We must stay focused on what matters most- learning to love each other as CHRIST has loved us and His church. Nothing on earth is more valuable to GOD than His church.
- Be realistic in your expectations. Longing for the ideal while criticizing the real is evidence of immaturity. Maturity is living with the tension. We must passionately love the church in spite of its imperfections. Reconciliation, not running away, is the road to stronger character and deeper fellowship.
- Choose to encourage rather than criticize. Anytime we spend comparing or criticizing other believers is time that should have been spent building the unity of our fellowship. Remember, other christians, no matter how much you disagree with them, are not the real enemy.
- Refuse to listen to gossip. Listening to gossip is like accepting stolen property and it makes you just as guilty of the crime. People who gossip to you will also gossip about you. They cannot be trusted.
- Practice GOD’S method for conflict resolution.
- Support your pastors and leaders. We protect fellowship when we honour those who serve us by leading.
DAY TWENTY ONE… THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE. POINT TO PONDER: It is your responsibility to protect the unity of your church. VERSE TO REMEMBER: Romans 14:19. QUESTION TO CONSIDER: What are you personally doing to protect the unity in your church family right now?🤔🤔🤔