“It is the fire of suffering that brings forth the Gold of Godliness.” – Madame Guyon.
GOD has a purpose behind every problem. (Read that thrice for digestion).
He uses circumstances to develop our character. In fact, He depends more on circumstances to make us like JESUS than He depends on our reading the Bible.
Life is a series of problems. Everytime you solve one, another is waiting to take it’s place. Not all of them are big, but all are significant in GOD’S growth process for you.
GOD uses problems to draw you closer to Himself. We learn things about GOD in suffering that we cannot learn any other way. Problems force us to look to GOD and depend on Him instead of ourselves.
“You will never know that GOD is all you need until GOD is all you’ve got.”
Because GOD is sovereign in control, accidents are just incidents in GOD’S plan for you. Because everyday of your life was written on GOD’S calendar before you were born, everything that happens to you has spiritual significance. EVERYTHING!
UNDERSTANDING THIS SCRIPTURE ROMANS 8:28-29
- “We know”: Our hope in difficult times is based on the truths that GOD is in complete control of our universe and that He loves us.
- “That GOD causes”: There’s a grand designer behind everything. There’s a Master plan. GOD can never make a mistake- because He is GOD.
- “Everything”: GOD’S plan for your life involves all that happens to you- including your mistakes, your sins and your hurts. GOD can bring good out of the worst evil. He did it at Calvary.
- “To work together”: The events of your life work together in GOD’S plan. If you will give GOD all your distasteful, unpleasant experiences, He will blend them together for good.
- “For the good”: Much of what happens in our world is evil and bad, but GOD specializes in bringing good out of it. GOD’S purpose is greater than our problems, our plan and even our sin.
- “Of those who love GOD and are called”: This promise is only for GOD’S children. It’s not for everyone.
- “According to His purpose”: What is that purpose? It is that you “become like His Son.” Everything GOD allows to happen in your life is permitted for that purpose.
“Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will be in your darkest days.”
BUILDING CHRIST-LIKE CHARACTER
We are like jewels, shaped with the hammer and chisel of adversity. Every problem is a character building opportunity and the more difficult it is, the greater the potential for building spiritual muscle and moral fibre.
What happens outwardly in your life is not as important as what happens inside you.
Your circumstances are temporary, but your character will last forever.
When you have been refined by trials, people can see JESUS’ reflection in you.
RESPONDING TO PROBLEMS AS JESUS WOULD.
- Remember that GOD’S plan is good: It is vital that you stay focused on GOD’S plan, not your pain or problem. “If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. But if you look at CHRIST, you’ll be at rest.” – Corrie Boom.
- Your focus will determine your feelings. The secret of endurance is to remember that your pain is temporary but your reward will be eternal.
- Rejoice and give thanks: 1st Thessalonians 5:18. GOD wants you to thank Him that He will use your problems to fulfill His purpose. Philippians 4:4.
- Refuse to give up: Be patient and persistent. Character building is a slow process..
You know you are maturing when you begin to see the hand of GOD in the random, baffling, and seemingly pointless circumstances of life.
DON’T GIVE UP, GROW UP!
DAY TWENTY FIVE… THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE. POINT TO PONDER: There is a purpose behind every problem. VERSE TO REMEMBER: Romans 8:28. QUESTION TO CONSIDER: What problem in your life has caused the greatest growth in you? 🤔🤔🤔